Key responsibilities of the role: -
- Proactively managing the Ash and dust processing activities, ensuring that suitably trained and sufficient operational resources are in place.
- Managing the excavation, preparation, transport and storage of Pulverised Fuel Ash (PFA).
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to Health and safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Providing leadership support and motivation of the teams to achieve production goals.
- Preparation and management of contract budgets and costs effectively.
- Direct and coordinate production, operations, quality assurance and maintenance of the plant and ash fields.
- Ensuring that communication between the ash plant and ash field operations is ongoing and utilised to maintain and environment of continuous improvement.
- Provide direction and ensure that employees are suitably trained and competent to carry out their role.
- Ensure that key performance indicators are in place and are met.
- Actively contribute in Client Contract Meetings and operational reviews on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Ensure that all operations are carried out in a legally safe and compliant manner to the contractually agreed service level.
- Improve the operational systems, processors and procedures of the organisation
- Ensure that operating reports and pro-active safety stats are completed each month and on target
- Ensure that the site provides health and safety plans and other safety documentation when requested
- Liaise with Client Contract Managers on the operational running of the contract
- Ensure that monthly accounts are correct and remain on budget each month
Actively drive SSE and Hargreaves Health and Safety policy and procedures throughout the workforce.
Ensure that all tasks are effectively communicated to all persons under your control and that all employees are set to work correctly.
Minimise unscheduled/ unplanned plant interruptions.
Liaise with internal and external stakeholders as required to ensure plant and material availability.
Ensure efficient operating practices and utilisation of assets.
Personal Attributes/ Skills: -
- IOSH Managing Safely or above.
Relevant operational awareness and experience.
Experience in operating a mineral/ PFA processing operation would be an advantage, but not a requirement.
The ability to prioritise workload and work towards strict deadlines.
- Good problem solving skills
Significant management experience in a similar role managing teams.
Exceptional communication skills at all levels with both staff and at senior client levels
Commercial aptitude for reconciliation and budget management
Ability to produce and present professional management reports
Experience in Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Management Systems
Reactive and proactive in service/ operations to ensure no disruption
Rates of pay will be discussed at interview stage.